Community Housing Advocates
An Affiliate of Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp. and My Sisters’ Place
Job Title: Monitor
Department: St. Mary’s
Reports To: Team Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Work Times: Full time 3rd shift (12am-8am) Part time 2nd shift (4:00pm-12am) and 3rd shift weekends (Friday-Sunday) and Per Diem shifts available.
Monitor and maintain the safety of the residential facilities of Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation. This position is classified as ESSENTIAL; therefore, the employee must report for work when scheduled, regardless of weather or other conditions that affect travel, and remain on duty until relieved by the supervisor or person scheduled for the next shift. Monitors must remain on the premises during their shift unless authorized to leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare breakfast and lunch as needed.
- Guide volunteers in preparing and serving meals.
- Admit clients into the building for breakfast, lunch, and showers, maintaining the sign-in/sign-out log in the appropriate data base.
- Answer the business telephone and take messages as required.
- Assist clients in making 211 calls as needed.
- Assist outreach worker as needed.
- Follow all established security procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to deescalate situations and maintain control of the group.
- Check the first aid kit monthly to ensure that all necessary supplies are available in case of need.
- Interact with ambulance and police department according to established policies.
- Inform the supervisor of any problems and make notations in the logbook.
- Perform any other task that will assist the agency in carrying out its mission.
- Treat all clients with dignity and respect, prioritize client needs, and advocate for the people we serve.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Promote the human dignity, rights, safety, and wellbeing of clients served.
- Professionally and ethically handle agency and client money/property.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as a mandatory reporter.
- Display a positive attitude towards clients, programs, and the agency.
- Demonstrate good communication with clients, supervisors, peers, outside resources and family/guardians.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Punctually attend all assigned meetings, in-services, and trainings.
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws and policies/procedures and know and understand your job description.
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as assigned.
Although Monitors have no supervisory responsibilities regarding staff, there may be occasions that involve supervision of community service workers and/or volunteers.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification and some work experience, preferable with homeless persons, persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have valid Connecticut driver's license and clean driving record with proof of automobile insurance.COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must demonstrate the ability to assist physically disabled residents in emergency evacuations and fire drills.
CHA, My Sisters’ Place and Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.