Diversion Administrative Assistant
Community Housing Advocates
An Affiliate of Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp. and My Sisters’ Place
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Diversion Center
Reports to: Director of Programs – Diversion, Outreach and RRH
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Work Times/Locations
Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM; flexibility for early mornings and occasional nights and weekends when necessary
117 Wethersfield Ave. Hartford, CT
Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication while being responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate office procedures.
- Reply to email, telephone, or face to face inquiries.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues.
- Self-starter, able to work and make decisions independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: strong ability to set boundaries with clients.
- Ability to collaborate with community organizations and Supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including in virtual settings.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills: ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong can-do attitude.
- Ability to travel between locations to pick up and drop off packages/paperwork.
- Ability to lift boxes and other materials up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and program requirements.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. One (1) year relevant work experience required. Needs to be culturally competent across all populations. Bilingual a plus.
Licenses and Certifications
Must have valid Connecticut driver’s license and clean driving record with proof of automobile insurance.
COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory.
- The physical demands associated with the essential functions of this job are intermittent physical activity, such as walking, sitting and occasional lifting to 25lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & Benefits
· $17-$20 per hour, based on experience plus generous incentive compensation plan
· Community Housing Advocates provides a generous employee benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, short- and long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement. Full-time employees receive 26 days of PTO (paid time off) per year, plus 12 paid holidays.
CHA, My Sisters’ Place and Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.